Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dell Training in Round Rock, TX


Talk about a trip that could go wrong. As you might have heard the weather in Texas has been horrible. Since the weekend they have been having ice storms, and it is causing lots of problems for travel and training. To give you a brief run down.

Sunday: I get to the airport in Milwaukee, and they canceled my flight due to ice in Dallas. I get a new flight that flies out around 6 am on Monday, and arrives after 2 pm (Milwaukee-Chicago-Dallas-Austin). After working with them for 30 minutes I get a new flight that leaves at 7ish, and arrives at noon (Milwaukee-St. Louis-Austin).

Monday: Get to airport, and my plane that carries me to St. Louis has to be cancel due to plane repair. Because of the snow storm in Milwaukee, they do not have a flight that will connect in St. Louis in time. They have to get me on a different flight in Chicago. I get bused down to Chicago in the snow storm, and get a direct flight to Austin. Once in Chicago my flight is delayed for 40 minutes for deicing. Even though I might be having all these problems, I will only miss a half day of training. I called Dell before take off, and left a message telling them I will be late, but will get in around 1 pm. After I land in Austin, I check my email and my training class has been CANCELED for Monday due to ice storm.

Tuesday: After checking my email, I got another message stating that the class has been CANCELED for Tuesday. However, I got an email that said classes is still on for Wednesday and Thursday. After 3:30 pm, I got another email telling me that my class has been moved from Wed-Thur to Thur-Friday due to weather. I sent Dell an email telling them that I can not attend the class on Friday (out on vacation, visiting friends in other part of TX).

In a nutshell, my trip has been an adventure and I will have to retry in couple of months. Crazy!!!!

No comments: